Visa | Mandarin Hanhe

There are different types of visas with different length of stay and number of entries. The length of stay should be determined by the length of the internship or Chinese classes you are applying for. In some countries, the Chinese Embassy might refuse to issue long term (30 days+) visas. In such a case, you should apply for the longest possible length of stay and extend the visa in China if you wish to stay longer. If you are planning to stay in China for less than 3 months, we recommend you to apply for the L visa (tourist visa). L Visas are valid for 30 to 90 days.If you plan to stay for longer than 3 months, it is recommended that you would apply for the F visa (business visa).

Student Visa in shanghai|Visa in Mandarin Morning Chinese language School

The extension of F and L visa is a rather simple and inexpensive process, which the Mandarin Hanhe School will arrange for you when necessary. We further recommend that all applicants apply for single entry visas. The reason is that the length of stay upon each entry with a multiple entry visa may be limited to 30 days, while a single entry visa may allow for a longer stay. If you would like to leave China for a short time during your internship (for the purpose of a holiday, for example), a re-entry visa can easily be requested at the Shanghai Entry and Exit Administration Bureau before you leave China.

China’s visa policy is subject to change; please contact us before you come to China to explore your options if your visa doesn’t cover the length of your stay. Mandarin Hanhe can also present you with a certificate of admission to supplement your documentation. We can offer you some visa services to extend your visa if necessary. If you can present us with all of the relevant materials, Mandarin Morning can help you with your application for a visa or visa extension. In the case of visa extension, you will need to prepare your passport, the registration paper from a local police station and your medical report.  Chinese visa regulations may vary according to the location of the embassy and the applicant’s nationality. Although we try to keep this page up to date, regulations may change unexpectedly. We recommend that you consult the Chinese Embassy in your country before applying for a visa. Also don’t hesitate to write us to learn more details about current visa regulations: