Frequently asked questions
Application Process & Program Details
Is this program open to applicants of all nationalities?
- This program is open to applicants of all nationalities. However, visa application requirements may vary for applicants from some countries.
When is the deadline for an application?
- We normally like to allow at least six weeks prior to your program start date to organize your internship placement. In addition, places in some sectors can be limited, therefore we recommend that you apply as early as possible to allow us to find the most suitable company for you.
Do I need to get vaccinations before I go to China?
- We cannot offer advice on vaccinations for China because we are not medical professionals. We strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before travel so that you are fully informed on what vaccinations or medication you may need.
How do I book my flights to China?
Please note that the cost of your flight ticket, and travel insurance, is not included in our program prices. You will need to purchase your return flight ticket ensuring that your flight arrives in one of the following airports, depending on which location you choose to apply to:
- Beijing: Beijing Capital Airport (PEK)
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Shanghai: Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG)
- Shenzhen: Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
For travelers arriving in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai please make sure your flight arrives between the hours of 9am and 9pm in order for us to guarantee airport arrival services.
Hanhe partners with a number of travel agents in the UK, USA and Australia to help provide interns with flight recommendations, details of which can be provided upon request.
What happens when I land at the airport?
- All participants are instructed to arrive between 9am – 9pm on your program start date and members of staff from CRCC Asia will be waiting for you at the arrival gate.
If you cannot see them, turn on your mobile so that they can contact you. Your pre-departure list will have the numbers of those staff members who are due to meet you.
Where will I live?
- Your accommodation is included within the program fee. We place everyone in modern, comfortable, serviced apartments in the centre of Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen. We ensure that all the apartments are clean, pleasant spaces to live in with TV, internet access, a lounge, a kitchen and air conditioning.
You will have your own private bedroom and share living facilities with one or two other interns of the same gender.
For most of the year we accommodate all of our participants in the same building, but over peak season (programs in July and August) we may use more than one provider. Most program participants will be in the same accommodation as the other participants in their particular program. This allows everyone to have the same standard of accommodation and to socialize with each other more easily.
What if I have my own accommodation?
- In cases where you already have accommodation in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai or Shenzhen and would like to take a program with Hanhe, please speak to your Customer service.
What happens if I have any problems once I’m in China?
- In the unlikely event that you encounter a problem while on your program, your first point of contact will be the CRCC Asia office in that city.
Our multi-national team is made up of bilingual professionals who will be able to help you solve any issues that you might have. Program participants are always welcome to visit on-the-ground offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen.
What if I already have competency in Mandarin Chinese?
- If you already have competency in Mandarin Chinese then we shall provide you with High level Chinese literature course on our programs.
China Study Tour– Are meals included?
- Meals are included. However, we provide standard meals in the schooling and touring period. The campus is also centrally located in Shanghai, so students will have plenty of dining options.
What is the visa application process?
- Once we have your trip confirmed with us, we will send you study tour admission/itinerary and visa application handbook, our stuff with assist you all the timefrom booking a consulate/visa center application to receiving your Chinese visa.
After you have been accepted onto the program, you will receive full details of the visa application process.
Are your programs free?
- There is a fee for our programs. You can open the programs Price and Dates page on our website for more information. Visit our What’s Included page for more information about what would be included in the program price.